Last modified: October 24, 2012
At U-Save Auto Rental of America (“U-Save”), we are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website “usave.com” (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It may not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by U-Save or any third party[ (including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]; or
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect the personal data and non-personal data we need to provide the services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number and email;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and driver’s license number;
- Employer(s) name and address;
- Credit card information;
- Frequent flyer and other membership reward program information;
- Affiliations with companies or associations;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us or of the vehicle you have rented;
- Information regarding the vehicle and its operation during your rental;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions; and
- Information about your credit history or other publicly available information about you from consumer reporting agencies.
We may collect certain personal information that constitutes sensitive data in some countries, such as data about health conditions or membership of a trade union. Depending upon applicable local law, we may be unable to process such sensitive data without your consent.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, travel agents or brokers, social networks, consumer reporting agencies, and other companies that we have relationships with, such as our affiliates and business partners.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies.
To improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website including the pages and resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit U-Save, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
- We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of U-Save's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by U-Save about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We will also share your information with companies you use in connection with your rental, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company or organization that is paying all or part of your rental charges;
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental; and
- Any operator of a membership program for which you are rewarded for renting with us, such as a frequent flyer program.
- You may quote a special discount code when you rent with us, entitling you to the special rate or benefits we may have negotiated with your company, association, credit card company or travel club.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of U-Save, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your EU Privacy Rights
We will only use your personal data for our marketing purposes with your prior consent, which may be collected from a number of sources.
If you do not receive marketing messages from us and would like to do so, or if you want to limit or restrict our mailings or sharing of your data for marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and account information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
1052 Highland Colony Parkway Suite 204
Ridgeland, MS 39157
or via our toll-free number: 800-438-2300